Community Service and Environmental Development
Prof/Abd El-Monein Mohamed Abd El-Rahman
Vice Dean for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs
The community service and environmental development sector complements the role played by the college through the educational process and research for undergraduate and postgraduate levels, it effectively faces all societal issues to the external community, provides appropriate solutions and perceptions in order to serve the community and develop the environment through several axes:
– Providing technical and scientific consulting to parties, bodies and individuals.
– Holding seminars and conferences that reflect the interaction of the college with the environmental issues of the external community.
– Following up the graduates through the unit that established in the college to work on their rehabilitation and help them to get the suitable job through the annual employment forum.
– Conducting an association for college’s graduates announced by Ministry of Social Affairs to maintain the relationship between the college and graduate.
– Conducting training courses through the training center at the college to train students, graduates, farmers, agricultural engineers and other beneficiaries with the aim of developing the local environment
The Vision of Community Service and Environmental Development Sector
The Community Service and Environmental Development Sector- Faculty of Agriculture- Sohag University looks forward to enhancing the role of the college in serving the community and surrounding environment, strengthening the relationship between the college and its graduates and achieving compatibility with the requirements of the labor market and sustainable environment.
The Mission of Community Service and Environmental Development Sector
The Community Service and Environmental Development Sector- Faculty of Agriculture- Sohag University provides knowledge and environmental awareness and community participation through the capabilities of the college, follows up and qualifies college’s graduates and prepare them to labor market and introducing them to the available jobs.
The Goals of Societal Participation
1- Achieving the mission of the college in the development of community and the surrounding environment
2- Providing technical and scientific consulting to parties, bodies and individuals
3- Holding seminars, conferences and training courses that reflect the interaction of the college with the issues of community service and environmental development.
4- Following up of graduates through the unit of following graduates and qualifying them to get a suitable job.